This would have to be the easiest scone recipe have ever made, with fantastic results every time. This lemonade scones recipe by Muriel Halstead, is know far and wide around the ranks of the CWA (Country Women’s Association) and now since a video has been released, and went viral she is know around the world for her famous scones. So I won’t keep you hanging here’s the recipe.
5 cups S/R Flour
300mls cold cream
Milk to glaze.
1. Before you start pre hear oven to 200 c
2. Measure out 5 cups of S/R flour and sift them 3 times
3. Add a pinch of salt to your flour
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour 300mls of cold cream in and mix with a flat edge knife.
5. Then add 300 mls of lemonade
6. Keep folding it together until the flour combined.
7. Put on a floured board and knead once or twice and then gently flatten until it’s about 3cm thick.
8 cut into desired shapes you can use a round cutter or a knife and scut isn’t squares the choice is yours.
8. Pop them on a floured or lined tray brush tops with a little milk and top in oven for 15-20 mins turning once halfway through.
9. Serve with your fav toppings, but the traditional and the best is strawberry jam and freshly whipped cream.
I hope you enjoyed this easy scone recipe, and once you’ve made them they will make a regular appearance on your table. Because it doesn’t get any mor easier and delicious than this.